Cebu Governor Pamela Baricuatro is putting politics on pause.
This as Vice President Sara Duterte announced her bid for the presidency in 2028, Baricuatro stressed that her focus remains on running the province and delivering services to Cebuanos.
The governor, who is a self-proclaimed DDS or a supporter of detained former President Rodrigo Duterte, Baricuatro welcomed Duterte’s announcement but deliberately downplayed political alignments.
She said she is maintaining a “color-blind” stance for now, preferring to strengthen local programs and ensure her administration remains focused on governance.
“I know that’s her intention and I welcome it,” Baricuatro said during a press briefing on Wednesday, February 18.
Vice President Duterte formally declared her candidacy at the Office of the Vice President in Mandaluyong City.
After her announcement, Vice President Duterte did not entertain follow-up questions, but she affirmed her candidacy.
She remains a leading contender in national surveys.
Duterte previously ran alongside President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. in the 2022 elections under the UniTeam alliance, a partnership that secured a decisive victory for both.
That alliance has since unraveled, with the Marcos and Duterte camps pursuing separate political strategies.
Meanwhile, former President Rodrigo Duterte continues to face detention in The Hague under the International Criminal Court’s investigation into crimes against humanity linked to his anti-drug campaign.










