Nasayod Ka Ani Bai?
Did you know that we can grow grapes here in Cebu? I know right? It seemed impossible when they first planted it 8 years ago here in the Island City of Lapu-lapu!
At first they wanted it to be just shade for the parking area. To their surprise, it has provided them fruits regularly and they are able to harvest 3-4x a year. 100% Fully Organic and growing in a small 30cm wide planter!
What are the benefits of growing a grapevine at home? Aside from its delicious fruit, here is a list to name a few of its awesomeness:
- Provides beautiful shade and aesthetically pleasing as an additional for your home gardens.
- Leaves can be eaten as a salad, tea, smoothies or for cooking.
- Packed With Nutrients, Especially Vitamins C and K
- High Antioxidant Contents May Prevent Chronic Diseases
- Plant Compounds May Protect Against Certain Types of Cancer
- May Help Lower Blood Pressure
- May Help Reduce Cholesterol
- May Decrease Blood Sugar Levels and Protect Against Diabetes
- Contain Several Compounds That Benefit Eye Health
- May Improve Memory, Attention and Mood
- Contain Many Nutrients Important for Bone Health
- May Protect Against Certain Bacteria, Viruses and Yeast Infections
- May Slow Down Aging and Promote Longevity
- May Prevent Chronic Diseases by Decreasing Inflammation
- Delicious, Versatile and Easily Incorporated Into a Healthy Diet
And you know the best thing about it? You can grow them yourself at home, all organic even on a pot by your balcony or window. They will be growing more of these in Azienda Gracia soon so you may visit and experience being on a vineyard without having to leave the country.
For now, stay home, stay safe and be healthy and happy, always! #ProudBisayaBai #TatakBisaya #Knowledge #NasayodKaBai? #Trivia